Saturday, March 28, 2009

Master Mentalism Review

Review of Master Mentalism

You used to love magic didn't you? Man I did, because it took away the real world for a little while and even though you new it was "just a trick" it was fun to believe what you were seeing was really happening.

When I was a kid I studied magic and how it was done every chance I got. Do you remember the Magic Deck of cards they used to sell on TV. Had that. Of course I read Houdini's biography until the pages were wore out and when I could really afford it I would buy some magic instruction book or buy a new trick. It amazing once you learn the secrets of a few tricks how easy it is to umasked other tricks as they are being performed. You may not get every detail, but you get the gist of how it's done.

As a teenager I got so good at figuring out how tricks were done that it started to no longer be fun to watch them. As I got older I tried really hard to just "enjoy the show" but I couldn't stop myself from figuring the tricks out. Until Blaine and Angel came along.

When Criss Angel and David Blaine came on the scene, I was stumped. I couldn't see the props, I didn't see the misdirection and the slight of hand it hid, instead all I saw was what could only be described as real magic. Wow, magic was fun for me again. I did eventually figure out how Blaine did the levitation trick only after I just happen to see someone make a similar move not trying to do magic and I was in just the right spot and got Blaines secret. I quickly displayed how I thought the trick was done to the first person I could get to look at it and blam, I was right. "Yep," they said," looks like you're levitating."

So then I found myself on a quest to learn all of Blaine's and Angel's secrets. A quick google search and I found a site that would sell the secrets to me. Oh and thy were giving a trick away for free. I quickly snatched that trick up tried it out and , man was it fun to pull off. Funny thing was I went back to the site eager to buy the entire package and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Not that I didn't think it was a good deal. No, in fact I thought it looked like bargain for any aspiring magician. No. I didn't buy it because I don't really want to do the tricks, I want to continue to go on enjoying them. To know the secrets just to know them might take the fun out of it for me, and it looked like they were going to tell me the secret to every jaw dropping magic trick currently being practiced.

So I say to you, if you're curious, go get the free trick, but make sure you really want to know all the Street Magic Trick's secrets before you take the next step. Remember, once you know, you can't unknow.

www.MasterMentalism.com

No comments:

Post a Comment